Welcome to Visiting Hong Kong
5 reasons to book a vacation rental for a few days or weeks instead of a hotel room in Hong Kong
1) Space! If you are traveling as a family, Hong Kong hotel rooms are going to be really tight. For large families, you would have to book multiple rooms and that would be very costly. However, there are quite a few large (by Hong Kong's standard) vacation rentals (apartments or flats) available that can sleep multiple guests.
2) Value. Some affordable hotels may be okay but having your own furnished vacation rental is King. You will have a kitchen and sometimes a washer and dryer. Other amenities may be available based upon your selection. When you consider everything that you get with an apartment or flat, the value is going to come out on top and often times, the price will as well.
3) Location. Hotels are generally located in just a few popular districts of Hong Kong. However, as you will see, vacation rentals are available in more areas of Hong Kong. They are available in the popular districts as well, but if you need to visit an out of the way location, perhaps there is a vacation rental available that is more convenient for you.
4) Experience. Why stay in the typical hotel room when you can live like a local lives and experience Hong Kong from that perspective? There is no reason to. You can have the adventures of finding the best restaurants, grocery stores, and other shops that are part of your neighborhood. Even if only for a few days or weeks, you can take in the true Hong Kong.
5) Privacy. Hotel rooms are not going to offer this very well. I'm not just talking about privacy for your family, but privacy amongst your family. With apartments or flats, there can be multiple bedrooms to provide some separation and quiet time.